Ionetix Corporation is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to design, develop, prototype, test and release mechanical and electromechanical designs of cyclotrons, automated chemistry systems, and related products.
Ionetix is a growing company, with revolutionary cyclotron technology with headquarters in Lansing, MI. We have full isotope production and processing, drug manufacturing, and distribution logistics. Our staff enjoy an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary, generous retirement plan, stock options, 7 weeks of paid time off per year, and health insurance begins on your first day of employment.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a fantastic group of individuals who are all dedicated to having careers with a purpose. In this role you’ll will:
- Design of machines, component selection, fabricated/machine parts, and systems.
- Develop design validation and verification test protocols.
- Apply principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials through analysis and design review activities.
- Support the execution of prototype tests with accelerator and electrical engineering
- Provide detailed and consistent documentation of the product, including release and maintenance of the Engineering Change Order process.
- Participate in the Material Review Board in a timely manner to address non-conforming parts during manufacture.
- Respond to escalation of technical support of fielded units, obsolescence issues, and cost reduction activities.
- Work cross functionally and serve as a liaison to other departments.
- Provide clear, prompt and effective communication of progress, improvements, and issues.
- Provide solutions to problems of moderate complexity that require creative use of established and/or innovative methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent related experience
- Ability to design in 3D CAD software (SolidWorks), and create 2-D part drawings
- Experience working with particle accelerators or related technology considered a strong plus, as is experience with semiconductor processing equipment, medical imaging equipment, or similar physics intensive products
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis
- Proficient to perform engineering calculations such as strength of materials, stress/deflection
- A record of creativity, physical insight, and breadth of understanding in engineering/physics applications of moderately complex physical processes
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
Ionetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer.