Ionetix Corporation is seeking an Electrical Engineer to design and develop critical components for cyclotron systems, ensuring their efficient operation and reliability. The Electrical Engineer contributes to the cyclotron engineering group by leveraging their expertise in controls design, PCB development, enclosure design, PLC programming, and engineering documentation.
Ionetix is a growing company, with revolutionary cyclotron technology with headquarters in Lansing, MI. We have full isotope production and processing, drug manufacturing, and distribution logistics. Our staff enjoy an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary, generous retirement plan, stock options, 7 weeks of paid time off per year to start, and health insurance begins on your first day of employment.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a fantastic group of individuals who are all dedicated to having careers with a purpose. In this role you’ll will:
- Design and develop electrical components and systems, including power supplies, signal conditioning circuits, and control logic.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure designs meet performance, safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Create and modify printed circuit board (PCB) layouts for cyclotron control systems.
- Design and select appropriate enclosures and housings for electrical components to ensure protection, function, and compliance with safety standards.
- Develop and implement PLC logic for automation of cyclotron equipment.
- Debug and troubleshoot PLC code to ensure proper functionality.
- Utilize 3D modeling software such as SolidWorks to design and visualize mechanical aspects of control systems.
- Implement design improvements and optimizations to enhance product performance and reliability.
- Use AutoCAD to create detailed electrical drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Create and maintain accurate and up-to-date engineering documentation to solid models, work instructions, and test reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent related experience
- Five (5) + years of electrical engineering experience
- Experience working with particle accelerators or related technology considered a strong plus, as is experience with semiconductor processing equipment, medical imaging equipment, or similar physics intensive products
- A record of creativity, physical insight, and breadth of understanding in engineering/physics applications of moderately complex physical processes
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
Ionetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer.